The Rhode Island Medical Home Portal & The Autism Project
Seeking resources for a child with special healthcare needs can often feel like an overwhelming task, especially when you're not sure where to start.
The Rhode Island Medical Home Portal is a one-stop shopping experience that makes it easier to find care and support in our state for you and your child; it is a website that contains resources specifically for families, caregivers, physicians, and other professionals who raise, support, care for, and work with children with special healthcare needs.
The Rhode Island Medical Home Portal is a one-stop shopping experience that makes it easier to find care and support in Rhode Island for you and your child.
Thanks to support from a HRSA grant, The Autism Project Family Support Team dedicated resources to collaborate with Rhode Island Department of Health and other local agencies to build out the Portal's collection of Rhode Island-specific resources. Our Family Support Team researched, verified, and input information about many different resources specifically for families of children with ASD and other diagnosed developmental disabilities, or who are exhibiting developmental delays.
Check on the Medical Home Portal for information about the following, and much more:
- What to do if you suspect a delay and how find providers of developmental screenings and assessments in our state (including Early Intervention for children 0-3 and Child Outreach for children 3-5).
- Choosing providers and understanding insurance options.
- Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Physical Therapy and contact information for local practitioners
- Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) and contact information for local practitioners.
- Summer camps for children with developmental disabilities (like our own Camp WANNAGOAGAIN!).
- Recreational therapies (such as horse therapy and art therapy) and where to find them.